Q. Indian Grandmaster _ won the 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament on 4 September 2022.
A. Arjun Erigasi
B. Shardul Gagre
C. Swapnil Dhopede
D. Arvind Chitambaram
Answer: Arvind Chitambaram
• Indian Grandmaster Arvind Chitambaram won the 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament on 4 September 2022 with 7.5 points in nine rounds.
• In the ninth and final round, Chitambaram defeated R. Pragyananand defeated.
Seven Indians finished in the top 10 in the tournament, including R. Pragyananand finished second with five others.
Q. Noted Carnatic singer and Padma Bhushan awardee, __ passed away in September 2022.
A. Charumathi Ramachandran
B. T.V. Sankaranarayanan
C. Bellary M. Raghavendra
D. Of. s. Chitra
Answer – T.V. Sankaranarayanan
Renowned Carnatic singer and Padma Bhushan awardee T.V. Sankaranarayanan passed away in September 2022 at the age of 77.
He won the Sangeet Kalanidhi Award of the Sangeet Akademi in 2003.
• In 2003, the central government also honored him with Padma Bhushan.
• He was considered the pioneer of the Madurai Mani Iyer style of singing and technique.
Q. Which international cricketer has announced his retirement from T20I in September 2022?
A. Mushfiqur Rahim
B. Tamim Iqbal
C. David Warner
D. Ajanta Mendis
Answer – Mushfiqur Rahim
Bangladesh wicketkeeper-batsman and former captain, Mushfiqur Rahim announced his retirement from T20 Internationals on 4 September 2022.
• He represented Bangladesh in 102 T20Is scoring 1,500 runs at an average of 19.48.
He made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in 2006.
• He has become the second Bangladesh player to retire from T20Is after the retirement of Tamim Iqbal in July 2022.
Q. Who has won an Emmy Award for lent his voice to the Netflix documentary “Our Great National Parks” in September 2022?
A. Donald Trump
B. Will Smith
C. Barack Obama
D. Bill Clinton
Answer – Barack Obama
Former US President Barack Obama has won an Emmy Award for lent his voice to the Netflix documentary “Our Great National Parks”, which covers national parks around the world.
• Obama is the second US President after Dwight Eisenhower to win an Emmy Award.
• Previously, Obama has also won Grammy Awards for audiobook readings of his memoirs “The Audacity of Hope” and “A Promised Land”.
Q. Which state has become the first state in the country to set up a modified bio-village in September 2022?
Answer – Tripura
The Tripura government has successfully converted its Daspara village into an organic village.
• With this, Tripura has become the first state in the country to set up a modified bio-village.
• Daspara has been developed on the basis of Bio-Village 2.0 envisaged by the State Government.
• The concept is designed to help mitigate the effects of climate change.
• The state government plans to set up at least 100 bio-villages.
Q. Which state government has launched ‘Pudhumai Pen’ (Modern Women) scheme on 5th September 2022?
B. Tamil Nadu
Answer – Tamil Nadu
• Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin launched the ‘Pudhumai Pen’ (Modern Woman) scheme in Chennai on 5 September 2022.
• Under this scheme, all girl students studying in classes 6 to 12 in government schools will get Rs 1,000 per month for pursuing higher education.
• The scheme aims to benefit six lakh girls every year and Rs 698 crore has been allocated in the budget for its implementation.