18 July 2022 Current Affairs has been given in this post. Questions related to current affairs are definitely asked in all competitive exams. If you are preparing for any exam, then the questions of 18 July 2022 Current Affairs given in this post are very important from the point of view of your exam.
18 July 2022 Current Affairs. 18 July 2022 Current Affairs in English
Q. Which state government has launched its own police app and e-FIR service on 15th July 2022?
Answer – Uttarakhand
• Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Uttarakhand Police App and e-FIR service on 15 July 2022.
Police App is an integrated version of five online services provided by the State Police.
• Emergency number 112 and cyber helpline number 1930 have also been added to this app.
• Governor : Gurmeet Singh
• Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
• Capital: Bhararisain (summer), Dehradun (winter)
• Uttarakhand, a state in northern India that crosses the Himalayas, is known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites.
• Rishikesh, a major center of yoga studies, was made famous by the 1968 visit of the Beatles.
• The city organizes the evening Ganga Aarti, a spiritual gathering on the holy Ganges river.
• The state’s forested Jim Corbett National Park shelters Bengal tigers and other native wildlife.
Q. Who has been honored with the Mother Teresa Memorial Awards for Social Justice 2021 in July 2022?
A. Priyanka Chopra
B. Sunny Leone
C. Hrithik Roshan
D. Dia Mirza
Answer – Diya Mirza
United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) National Goodwill Ambassador Dia Mirza and environmental activist Mr Afroz Shah were awarded the Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice 2021 in July 2022.
• He was awarded for his commendable and remarkable achievements in environmental sustainability. Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari presented the awards.
• The Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) department of Odisha has been awarded the first prize in the National MSME Awards 2022.
• At the 2022 Billboards Music Awards, BTS made history by winning 3 of the 6 awards they were nominated for.
• Anna Kabale Duba from Marsabit County, Kenya was awarded the Aster Guardian Global Nursing Award, 2022 in May 2022.
a. R. Venkatachalapathy has been selected for the Lifetime Achievement Award (Eyal Award) of Tamil Literary Garden, Canada, for 2021.
The Sangeet Akademi on 22 May announced the Sangeet Kalanidhi Award winners for the years 2020, 2021 and 2022.
Famous singer Neyveli R Santhanagopalan – 2020
Mridangam player Thiruvarur Baktavatsalam –
Violinist Lalgudi G. J.S. R.S. Krishnan and G.S. J.S. R.S. Vijayalakshmi –
Q. Who has won the 41st Villa de Benasque International Chess Open tournament in July 2022?
A. Magnus Carlson
C. alireza turquoise
D. Arvind Chitambaram
Answer – Alireza Turquoise
Indian Grandmaster Arvind Chitambaram became the winner at the 41st Villa de Benasque International Chess Open in July 2022.
Chitambaram is also a former national champion.
He defeated Armenia’s Robert Hovhannisyan and compatriot Raunak Sadhwani by tie-break scores here. Sadhwani finished third.
World Chess Federation:
• Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
• President: Arkady Dvorkovich
• Founded: 20 July 1924, Paris, France
Q. Who has been appointed as the Director (Technical) of REC Limited in July 2022?
A. shravan Kumar
B. Shivshankar Gupta
C. Manish Kumar
D. V.K. Lion
Answer – V.K. Lion
• V.K. Singh has taken over as the Director (Technical) of REC Limited with effect from July 12, 2022.
• Prior to this promotion, Singh was Executive Director at REC with a portfolio of key business sectors.
• REC is an NBFC focused on financing and development of the power sector across India.
• Established in 1969, REC Limited has completed fifty years in its field of operation.
Founded: 25 July 1969
• Headquarters: National Capital Region
• Owner: Power Finance Corp.
• REC Limited, formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited, is a public infrastructure finance company in the power sector of India.
• The company is a public sector undertaking and finances and promotes power projects across India.
Q. Which statutory body has launched Knowledge Portal for Khadi to provide design instructions to Khadi institutions?
A. Central Silk Board (CSB)
B. textile industry committee
C. National Jute Board
D. Khadi and Village Industries Commission
Answer – Khadi and Village Industries Commission
, The Knowledge Portal for Khadi was launched on 14 July 2022.
• It is a platform developed by Center of Excellence of Khadi to provide design instruction to Khadi Institutions.
• Center of Excellence for Khadi has been established by KVIC, Ministry of MSME at NIFT to support Khadi Institutions.
The portal will be hosted on the website of Center of Excellence for Khadi.
Q. Who among the following has joined the board of Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. in July 2022?
A. Arthur D. Levinson
B. Tim Cook
C. alex gosk
D. Marty Chavez
Answer – Marty Chavez
Marty Chavez is joining the board of Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google.
• Chavez, Vice Chairman and Partner of Sixth Street Partners, has worked as an investor and software executive, but is best known for his 20-year tenure at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
• His appointment is the first change to the Alphabet board since 2020, when former Google CEO Eric Schmidt left.
• The Government of Bangladesh has appointed Mustafizur Rahman as the next High Commissioner of Bangladesh to India.
• Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB) panel has appointed Brajesh Kumar Upadhyay as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
Retired IAS officer and former Drinking Water and Sanitation Secretary Parameswaran Iyer has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of NITI Aayog.
The New Development Bank (NDB) of BRICS countries has appointed Dr. D.J. Pandian as the Director General of its India Regional Office at Gujarat International Finance Tec City (GIFT City).
• Senior diplomat Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the next Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations.
• Somali President Hassan Sheikh Mohamed appointed Hamza Abdi Barre as Prime Minister of the country on 15 June 2022.
• Justice Bhimanagouda Sanganagouda Patil has been appointed as the new Lokayukta of Karnataka.
President Ram Nath Kovind has given additional charge of Lokpal chairperson to Justice Pradeep Kumar Mohanty.
Dinkar Gupta, a 1987 batch IPS officer and former Punjab Police chief, has been appointed as the Director General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Q. Who among the following launched the fourth P17A stealth frigate ‘Dunagiri’ in Kolkata on 15 July 2022?
A. Defense Minister Rajnath Singh
B. Prime Minister Narendra Modi
C. President Ram Nath Kovind
D. Home Minister Amit Shah
Answer – Defense Minister Rajnath Singh
• Defense Minister Rajnath Singh launched the fourth P17A stealth frigate ‘Dunagiri’ in Kolkata on 15 July 22.
• Project 17A Frigate Garden is built by Reach Shipbuilders Ltd.
• The P-17A class is the successor to the P-17 Shivalik class, with improved stealth features and advanced weapons.
The first two P-17A ships were launched in 2019 and 2020 while the third ship was launched in May 2022.
• Desert Corps of Indian Army organized “Suraksha Manthan 2022” in Jodhpur, Rajasthan on 1st July 2022.
• The Center has approved the AGNIPATH scheme for the recruitment of youth in the Armed Forces.
• The youth selected under this scheme will be known as Agniveer.
• They will get an attractive monthly package with applicable risk and hardship allowances across the three services.
The 9th Army to Army Staff Talks (AAST) between the Australian Army and the Indian Army was held in Dehradun on 29 June 2022.
A multinational peace exercise “Ex Khan Quest 2022” featuring the participation of troops from 16 countries including India began on 6 June 2022 in Mongolia.
o The Indian Army is represented by a contingent of LADAKH SCOUTS.
• Mongolian President Ukhnagin Khuralsukh inaugurated the exercise.
The 14-day exercise aims to develop peacekeeping operations.
Q. Which country’s meteorological office has issued a red alert for the first time, declaring a national emergency in July 2022?
C. United Kingdom
Answer – United Kingdom
• The UK Meteorological Office has issued a red alert for the first time, declaring a national emergency, as temperatures could reach 40°C.
• Red Alert means life is at risk and daily routine will need to be changed.
• For the first time in the UK, a temperature of 40 ° C has been predicted.
• A heatwave originating from North Africa is spreading across Europe and has triggered forest fires in France and Spain.
Q. At which place, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Bundelkhand Expressway on 16 July 2022?
Answer – Jalaun
• On 16 July 2022, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated Bundelkhand Expressway in Jalaun district of Uttar Pradesh.
• The 296 km 4-lane expressway has been constructed at a cost of approximately ₹14,850 crore.
• It will connect Bundelkhand region to Delhi through Agra-Lucknow Expressway and Yamuna Expressway.
• It has been constructed by Uttar Pradesh Expressway Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA).
• Important Current Affairs related to Prime Minister Narendra Modi:
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Akshaya Patra Foundation’s (APF) new mid-day meal kitchen in Varanasi on 7 July 2022.
• On 7 July 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Akhil Bharatiya Shiksha Samagam on the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP) in Varanasi.
• Ministry of Education is organizing Shiksha Samagam from 7th to 9th July 22.
Prime Minister Modi laid the foundation stone and inaugurated several projects worth Rs 33000 crore in Bengaluru on 20 June 2022.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Kranti Gatha’ on 14 June 2022.
• Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the headquarters of the Indian National Center for Space Enhancement and Authorization (IN SPACE) at Bopal in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 10 June 2022.
• IN SPACE was established in June 2020.
On 28 May 2022, Prime Minister Modi inaugurated the world’s first Nano Urea Liquid Plant by IFFCO in Kalol, Gujarat.
IFFCO Nano Urea Liquid was developed through proprietary technology at the Nano Biotechnology Research Center in Kalol.
• Prime Minister Modi is going to release the benefits under the PM CARES for Children scheme on 30 May 2022.
Q. Which city has been chosen as the host city for the 2025 World Athletics Championships?
Answer – Tokyo
Tokyo has been chosen as the host city for the 2025 World Athletics Championships. Budapest will host the 2023 edition.
The World Athletics Championships is a biennial athletics competition organized by World Athletics.
• The 2022 edition is currently being held in Oregon, USA, which was originally scheduled to be held in 2021 but has been postponed by a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Q. Who has become the first Indian to enter the final of men’s long jump at the World Athletics Championships, on 16th July 2022?
A. Kumarvel Premkumar
B. Ankit Sharma
C. Amritpal Singh
D. Murali Sri Shankar
Answer: Murali Sri Shankar
, Murali Sreeshankar became the first Indian to enter the final of men’s long jump at the World Championships in Athletics (WAC) on 16 July 2022.
He jumped 8 meters in the qualification round at the ongoing WAC in Oregon, USA and finished second.
Anju Bobby George was the first Indian to reach the final of the World Championships long jump and the first Indian to win a bronze medal at the 2003 edition in Paris.
• games current affairs:
Youth World Boxing Champions Alfia Pathan and Geetika won gold medals in the first edition of Elo Boxing Cup in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan on 4 July 2022.
• Archers Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma won gold medal in compound mixed team event at Archery World Cup 2022 Stage-3 in Paris on 25 June 2022.
Cyclist Ronaldo Singh created history by winning a silver medal in the senior category sprint event at the Asian Track Cycling Championships 2022 (41st edition) held in New Delhi.
• Neeraj Chopra won the gold medal in the ongoing Kuorten Games in Finland on 18 June 2022.
On 14 June 2022, Chopra broke his own national record at the Pavo Nurmi Games 2022 with a throw of 89.30m.
Indian para-powerlifters Manpreet Kaur and Paramjit Kumar have won bronze medals at the World Para-Powerlifting 2022 Asia Oceania Open Championships.
• Indian weightlifter Sanapati Gurunaidu won the gold medal in the men’s 55 kg category at the IWF Youth World Championships in Leon, Mexico on 12 June ’22.